Re: Timestamp not preserved by Cygwin sshd

Alex Luso wrote:
  Perhaps you are right and it doesn't have to do with
cygwin. I found this to happen when I tried to scp to
cygwin with two different clients from 2 different
machines (both non-OpenSSH, I believe). On the other
hand, when I scp in between these 2 clients, there was
no error. So I suppose this is an incompatibility
between different flavors of SSH?
  Can someone suggest a workaround - i.e. settings on
the server side (cygwin/OpenSSH) - that would resolve
the failure of the -p switch from a non-OpenSSH
client? I am using a nice gui for SCPing files between
windows machines (SSH Secure Shell 3.2) and would like
to be able to continue to use it.

Please don't top-post!

Anyway, a possible solution would be to use WinSCP - afaik this doesn't
have any trouble preserving the timestamp. I know it doesn't with
OpenSSH on debian, so I would assume this is also the case on cygwin -
unfortunately I can't test this just now.
It's also a very nice tool.. ;-)

Chris

--

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world