Re: cant set baud rate with stty

Larry Hall wrote:

That said, there's no reason this third-party app can't work with a stock
Cygwin installation, unless they've made changes to the DLL themselves. If
that's the case, you definitely should be talking to them. Otherwise, you
should be able to resolve this conflict yourself for the moment at least.
Remove the 'cygwin1.dll' and any other Cygwin DLL they installed (or rename
them if you're cautious) and install the base installation of Cygwin using
'setup.exe' (including any lib packages containing the other DLLs you
removed/renamed). Make sure the path to your Cygwin installation's bin
directory is in your path. Voila! Done.

Good info. I'll try this if I can prove the standard cygwin install works.

Try the latest snapshot and find out for yourself. If it doesn't work for
you in a Cygwin environment as provided by 'setup.exe' (with 'cygwin1.dll'
from the snapshot), report it here. If it won't work with your third-party
app or in any other environment, report it to the proper parties.

Some success. I took the latest snapshot of the dll and copied it over the one in the lastest release install .

Now when I do:
$stty -F /dev/com1 115200
$stty -F /dev/com1

I get no errors and it reports the baud rate changed correctly.
But when I try:
$cat textfile.txt > /dev/com1
What comes out the serial port looks garbled at every baud I can try.
I tried replacing all the exe files with the snapshot versions but that did not change anything. stty is not included as part of any of the snapshots so maybe thats the reason.