Re: A new day, a new snapshot, more testing required on the road to 1.5.19

I'm seeing a regression with the 20050919 snapshot. I have a bash
script that invokes a Windows program (Sun's Java JDK to be
exact). I used to be able to press Ctrl-C to kill the Windows
program. Now, Ctrl-C doesn't terminate the Windows program or the
bash script. I can press Ctrl-Z and then "kill %1" to kill the bash
process, but the Windows process remains. Interestingly, when I do
this, "procps -efH" returns nothing until the Windows process dies.

With 1.5.18, Ctrl-C would terminate the Windows program and the bash
script correctly.

I've attached a sample Windows program that just invokes Sleep() as
well as a driver script. Compile the Windows program with:

% gcc -mno-cygwin -Wall -o winSleep winSleep.c

Then, invoke the script:

% ./sleep.sh 5
Mon Sep 19 13:18:56 PST 2005
Sleeping for 5 seconds.
Done sleeping.
Mon Sep 19 13:19:01 PST 2005

While the script is running, after the "Sleeping for 5 seconds."
message, press Ctrl-C. Nothing happens with the 20050919 snapshot,
but with 1.5.18, the script terminates.
--
David Rothenberger                spammer? -> spam@daveroth.dyndns.org
GPG/PGP: 0x7F67E734, C233 365A 25EF 2C5F C8E1 43DF B44F BA26 7F67 E734

All most people want is a little more than they'll ever get.