Re: About Cygwin announcements

On Sep  8 10:18, Luke Kendall wrote:
> Despite reading all the Cygwin announcement emails assiduously, I'm
> occasionally surprised to learn of significant improvements that
> weren't mentioned in the announcements.
>
> No one has a perfect memory, so I can easily see how it'd be easy to
> overlook mentioning some great new feature, in an announcement.
>
> Can anyone think of a way to make it easier to produce announcement
> emails that faithfully reveal all the great work that's gone on?
>
> What about storing a changelog file in cvs for each package, and
> encouraging people to update the changelog (say, by altering the
> default text that CVS shows you when you commit a change?).

What's different in this approach in relation to having an announcement
mailing list archive?  Well, except for double bookkeeping.

If somebody forgets to announce (and the head maintainers forget to
kick this somebody), then the same would happen with the CVS entry,
wouldn't it?

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.