Re: no place like /home

At 09:15 PM 8/29/2005, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>Maybe I haven't been reading the list closely enough.  I just finished
>installing cygwin on my new laptop and was surprised to find that
>instead of a /home/me directory cygwin seems to be using Documents and
>Settings/me.  Is this tremendously difficult to change back to the old
>way?

Depends on what you did to get it to point to your D&S directory.  See
'/etc/defaults/etc/profile' for the rules Cygwin uses to set your HOME
variable.  This should clue you in to what in your environment is setting
your HOME the way that it is.

FWIW, following the problem reporting guidelines outlined at
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html> would have provided some additional
information from which I could have made a better guess at your
problem.

Holliston, MA 01746