pgsql on cygwin problem

Hello. I had a problem at installation postgesql as service nt. I do all
under the documentation which is in a
file/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/postgresql-7.4.5. README On item 8 at me there is
a mistake at initialization of a database.

$ initdb -D /var/postgresql/data
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user
"postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

fixing permissions on existing directory /var/postgresql/data... ok
creating directory /var/postgresql/data/base... ok
creating directory /var/postgresql/data/global... ok
creating directory /var/postgresql/data/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /var/postgresql/data/pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
10
selecting default shared_buffers... Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
Signal 12
50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in /var/postgresql/data/base/1... Signal 12

initdb: failed

Prompt please in what there can be a problem.