Re: Shared memory problem

Ugh, top-posting. Reformatted.

<http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>. Thanks.

> On Thu, 25 Aug 2005, CRAIG SORENSEN wrote:
>
> > I have followed the instructions in the README file and the messages
> > already sent about this subject. The cygserver is set up and running,
> > but I am still getting a Bad system call when I run a simple program
> > with <sys/sh.h> and <sys/ipc.h>. What could I be doing wrong?
>
> *Could* be lots of things.  Nobody knows which one, though, since you
> haven't posted any details about your system or the program you're
> running.
>
> Please post a complete (preferably short) program that fails for you,
> the commands used to compile it, as well as other relevant details as
> requested in the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
> <http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, particularly the output of
> "cygcheck -svr".  It would also help to know exactly how you've
> configured your cygserver.
>
> Help us help you,
> 	Igor

I have attached the cygcheck file and a short program that I have copied
from a tutorial online. I am compiling it as shown here:

gcc shm_write.c -o shm_write

There are no errors or warnings when I compile, but whenI go to run, it
says "Bad system call".

Thanks for the help.

Uh-huh. You don't have "server" in your CYGWIN environment variable. Try running your program as "CYGWIN=server ./shm_write". Please re-read /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygserver.README for more details. Igor -- http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/ |\ _,,,---,,_ pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu ZZZzz /,`.-'`' -. ;-;;,_ igor@watson.ibm.com |,4- ) )-,_. ,\ ( `'-' Igor Pechtchanski, Ph.D. '---''(_/--' `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-. Meow!