RE: openssh-4.1p1-2/cygwin-1.5.18-1: write(2) misbehaving?

On Tuesday, August 16, 2005 4:33 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Not exactly, but I'm suspecting a specific piece of code in Cygwin.
The
> problem is that I can't reproduce this problem.  Using ssh to access
other
> machines works fine for me, high traffic is also no problem.
>
> So, first step, could you please try the latest snapshot DLL from
> http://cygwin.com/snapshots/ and see if the problem persists?  If so,
> we will have to do some debugging together.

I tried the 2005-Aug-14 snapshot (by exiting out of all Cygwin windows,
renaming /bin/cygwin1.dll to cygwin1.dll.orig, and copying in the
unarchived snapshot renamed to cygwin1.dll; verified with cygcheck after
opening a new Cygwin window), and it had the same problem.  I also tried
the 2005-Jul-28 snapshot (which was ~9 MB unpacked), and it still had
the same problem as well.

Are there older snapshots or revisions between 1.5.13 and 1.5.18 that I
can try?  I could use a binary search algorithm to narrow down which
snapshot or release first saw the problem.

BTW, I'm running Cygwin under Windows XP SP 1 on an IBM ThinkPad T42.

Dave