Re: Problems compiling PerlMagick. Any suggestions...

John Cavanaugh wrote:

Ok, Im no rookie to compiling stuff on linux etc, but
Ive encountered a problem Im not sure where to go.

I have compiled my own version of perl 5.8.7 and
placed it in /opt/perl587 so I can install all kinds
of various perl modules etc.

I have installed ImageMagick and the associated devel
libraries & headers (from the cygwin package)

But when I try to compile PerlMagick Im getting all
kinds of compile errors etc.   Any suggestions???

Below is a transcript...

cavanaug@mach5 ~/.cpan/build/PerlMagick-6.20

From the ImageMagick website: "You must have ImageMagick 6.2.0 or above" and "ImageMagick must already be installed on your system. Next, get the PerlMagick distribution corresponding to the installed ImageMagick distribution (e.g. PerlMagick 6.22 for ImageMagick 6.2.2) and ..."

The Cygwin release of ImageMagick is dated, you have two options, try
the corresponding PerlMagick release or rebuild ImageMagick, these
mirrors have a newer version of ImageMagick (6.2.4) which *should* work
better:
ftp://ftp.imagemagick.org/pub/ImageMagick
ftp://ftp.sunet.se/pub/multimedia/graphics/ImageMagick
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/ImageMagick
ftp://ftp.u-aizu.ac.jp/pub/graphics/image/ImageMagick/imagemagick.org

Unfortunately the README included in the current PerlMagick tarball doesn't say so but: "You must have ImageMagick 6.0.2 or above"

If you rebuild ImageMagick take the PerlMagick included in the tarball.

Gerrit -- =^..^=