RE: is there a cygwin maintainer for gnu emacs?

From: "David Masterson" <dmasterson@vmware.com>

Ehud Karni wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:08:36 -0400, emacs user
> <emacs_user@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Ehud, thnx for the reply; I didn't do any rebasing (don't know what
>> that is), and the problem is that emacs crashes about every 5
>> minutes, mostly in latex mode when I use the combination of
>> auctex/preview/x-symbol.  very painful...   I don't have any such
>> difficulties when using precisely the same combination under linux.
>>

> What X server do you use ? If it is not the Cygwin-xfree (XWin.exe)
> I suggest you try it, because I saw some problems with a commercial
> X server that disappeared after switching to Cygwin's XWin.

What versions of Emacs, XWin, and Cygwin are you talking about? When I
install all of Cygwin 1.5.18 (including the X stuff), Emacs (under X) crashes
on startup (a window comes up and then crashes when I wiggle the mouse) and
XEmacs (under X) crashes on exit. This is on MS-Windows XP (SP2).

I use the latest version of cygwin, updated in the past few days (although this problem has been around for months now). also using the latest version of gnu emacs from cvs.