Re: setup.exe filename

On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 12:44:48AM -0400, Jon A. Lambert wrote:
>Many of the users I've turned on to cygwin don't immediately grok the
>notion that setup.exe is more than just a run once installation program.
>Usually the question after installing is "where is gcc? where is make?" "I
>installed cygwin and it's not there!".   Maybe it ought to be something
>like cygwin-package-manager.exe or cpm.exe or something.  *shrug*

Or maybe the users should be instructed to read the cygwin web page
where it says

  The setup.exe utility tracks the versions of all installed components
  and provides the mechanism for installing or updating everything
  available from this site for Cygwin.

  Run setup.exe any time you want to update or install a cygwin package.

Just in case it matters, unless Corinna disagrees, we won't be changing
the name to something other than setup.exe.  The notion that changing
the name to something else will make users understand how to use
setup.exe is not one that I adhere to.

cgf