RE: Cygwin and NTFS Junction Points

On 08/03/2005 at 03:42:34 PM, cygwin-owner wrote:
>From the links below it seems that windows itself doesn't handle NTFS
junctions points well.  Sounds like another feature that wasn't well
thought
out, kind of like NTFS alternate data streams.
--- end of excerpt ---

I don't know the original posters environment or exactly what problems
he's trying to solve, but I'd recommend liberal use of the cygwin command
line,
mount points, symlinks and
cygpath-dash-w-using-scripts-and-aliases-that-launch-windows-utils.

I've found this to be a great way to have a rational sort of directory
structure and get me out of drive letter and c:/Documents\ and\
Settings/Administrator/My\ Documents
hell to blissful /doc ignorance (in most cases). 8-)

"It was a rigorous result in information theory that once you could
learn in a sufficiently flexible manner - something humanity had achieved
in the Bronze Age - the only limits you faced were speed and storage;
any other structural changes were just a matter of style."
[Schild's Ladder by Greg Egan]

Fred A. Kulack - IBM eServer iSeries - Enterprise Application Solutions
ERP, Java DB2 access, Jdbc, JTA, etc...
IBM in Rochester, MN  (Phone: 507.253.5982   T/L 553-5982)
mailto:kulack/us.ibm.com   Personal: mailto:kulack/gmail.com
AIM Home:FKulack  AIM Work:FKulackWrk
MSN Work: fakulack/hotmail.com (replace email / with @)