Re: different DLL....

Igor Pechtchanski <pechtcha <at> cs.nyu.edu> writes:

> Yes, running setup, selecting the "Keep" strategy, then switching to the
> "Up-to-date" view and choosing to reinstall the packages that contain
> corrupt DLLs is probably the best option at the moment.
> 	Igor
> P.S. You say you used ncftp's "auto" mode -- what ftp server was on the
> other end?

The other side is of course the ftp daemon of cygwin. I found it quite strange
that all of my cygwin services don't work any more since Cygwin DLL 1.5.17-1
release for long. I had one Server 2003 box and three XP SP2 boxes no longer
work with all cygwin services any more. I only have this Server 2003 working
with cygwin services for the time being with latest Cygwin DLL 1.5.18-1. I've
checked all of the related documents to see why they don't work any more.
Eventually I tried to compare some dlls in /bin and found this problem. I'm
about to complete the re-installation after a long download of the whole
packages of cygwin.

Thanks.

Jason