Re: Python 2.4.1 locking bug. (was: Re: rebaseall failure?)

On Jul 28, 2005, at 8:48 AM, Jason Tishler wrote:

Doug,
I don't know. When I saw the Python message it seemed plausible.

The real issue is that Python broke with 1.5.18, either because of
the pthread change or not.
Be that as it may, should I report this bug in another forum?

No, this is the right mailing list. However, you can increase the probability of it getting fixed by helping to isolate the problem.

That's why I culled down my large application to a small Python script which exhibited the bug and which I submitted to the list, along with my cygcheck -srv and the error messages that Python gave me.

Besides submitting a patch, a minimal C test case is the best way to go.

??? A minimal C test case for a python bug... I'm confused.

I will submit my tbp (in a different form) to the official python release for inclusion in their self-tests, and hopefully that'll prevent _this_ bug from showing up further, whether on Cygwin or some other platform...

--Doug