Re: perl - segfault on "free unused scalar"

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Krzysztof Duleba wrote:

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

Actually, you're right.  Perhaps it depends on what kind of malloc the
program uses (i.e., whether it uses the Cygwin builtin malloc, or
something else).

That's strange. How could Perl use something essentially different than malloc? I thought it would all come down to brk or sbrk.

Perl has its own malloc implementation.

However, it should automatically undefine usemymalloc for configure if
usethreads is defined, I'll need to check this.

Hmmm, no it isn't, see perl -V: ... usemymalloc=y ...

Now that I'm thinking about it it is just multiplicity which is defined
when building with threads.

I'll try to build with the system malloc to see if it makes a
difference.

Gerrit -- =^..^=