Re: perl - segfault on "free unused scalar"

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
On Thu, 28 Jul 2005, Krzysztof Duleba wrote:

I am not. I understand that this is how it should work theoretically,
but I've _checked_ that on a couple of Cygwin boxes with different
versions of cygwin1.dll and gcc. All of them didn't really care that
heap_chunk_in_mb was undefined in the registry. Perl, on the other hand,
do care.

Actually, you're right. Perhaps it depends on what kind of malloc the program uses (i.e., whether it uses the Cygwin builtin malloc, or something else).

That's strange. How could Perl use something essentially different than malloc? I thought it would all come down to brk or sbrk.

Krzysztof Duleba