Re: rebaseall failure?

On Wednesday, July 27, 2005, at 03:05PM, Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net> indited:
>If sh.exe is really bash.exe, then this is why cygiconv-2.dll is in use.
>The question is why is sh.exe running in the first place?

Indeed. And why does putting that dll at the end of the list make any difference?
My next line of inquiry resulted in putting a 'sleep' in just before the rebase invocation.
Huh, that fixed it. Weird.
Then I went looking, and what happens just before rebase is called? zcat and egrep are called.
zcat is a link to gzip which is a .exe file.
egrep, however, is a shell script
$ cd /usr/bin
$ cat egrep
#!/bin/sh
exec grep -E ${1+"$@"}
$

So apparently the shell isn't shutting down fast enough before rebase is invoked.

OOPS.

Of course none of this fixes my real problem with why Python is unable to get a lock...

        --Doug