Re: sshd forks and fails

At 10:10 AM 7/27/2005, you wrote:
>Hallöchen!
>
>After some trouble with the sshd service, I re-installed the whole
>Win2k.  The result is that I've come one step further than before.
>
>The process starts, but sshd doesn't let me in.  I've set
>CYGWIN="ntsec tty".  All sshd-related files in /etc/ have their
>owners, groups, and permissions set to what it was after
>sshd-config-host had been run.
>
>I switched off Privilege Separation (it was on after
>sshd-config-host), but the rest is set to default values.
>
>If I try to log in via ssh, I get
>
>ssh_exchange_identification: Connection closed by remote host
>
>on the remote machine.  At the same time, the line
>
>762068650 [main] sshd 864 fork_copy: linked dll data/bss pass 0 failed, 0x33B000..0x33B040, done 0, windows pid 116, Win32 error 487
>
>is added to /var/log/sshd.log.  Apparently sshd folks the child
>process 116 which provokes an "invalid address" error 487.
>
>What can I do about it?

Try installing the 'rebase' package from 'setup.exe', stopping all Cygwin
services (like 'sshd'), exiting all Cygwin programs (including the (bash)
shell), and from a DOS box/cmd.exe prompt, run "C:\cygwin\bin\rebaseall",
assuming your Cygwin installation is in "C:\Cygwin".  Do this on the
server machine.  Assuming you get no errors in this process, this should
help.  If it doesn't, please follow the problem reporting guidelines at
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>.  Provide cygcheck information for both
the server and the client machine, in addition to the other information
requested.

Holliston, MA 01746