Re: mc 4.6.1 - background not working

Pavel Tsekov wrote:

Why is background disabled? And why ncurses instead of S-Lang?

Because using the subshell leaves stale subshell processes and each time I start to debug this problem I get nowhere due to lack of time.

I didn't notice this problem. Are you sure it's still there?

The problem is pretty complex. Hopefully I'll find the time to find a
solution for it.
And btw you are wrong - the MC package has subshell
support but it is disabled by default. Try `mc --help' .

Really? My mc configured with --prefix=/usr doesn't agree with that and subshell works.

$ mc --version
GNU Midnight Commander 4.6.1
Virtual File System: tarfs, extfs, cpiofs, ftpfs, fish
With builtin Editor
Using included S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support

Why do you think slang should be used instead of ncurses ?

Just curious.

Krzysztof Duleba