Re: ssh session can't see share permissions; rights for disk share reduced

Tom Rodman wrote:

> Thanks for your help.  After I rebuilt
> /etc/passwd and /etc/group some but not all of the symptoms went away-
> I'm pretty sure /etc/group was corrupt (my fault).   I will post again after
> I get things in order, but for now I still can not write to the share:

I don't follow exactly what you did, but you must make sure (show us !)
that "id" when you are logged in at the console reports exactly the same groups
as when you are logged in under ssh.

If there are fewer groups under ssh, there are actually two ways to make
the outputs match:
1) edit /etc/group and add the username at the end of the line of the missing group
2) edit /etc/group and completely delete the line with the missing group
I prefer solution 1, in the interest of not hiding info.

Pierre