Re: [perl-5.8.7] Perl regression tests fail when lib directory is present

Michael G Schwern wrote:
On Tue, Jul 26, 2005 at 07:51:48PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

Yep, the example with the delete( $ENV   ...) shows clearly that there
is a problem with forked/spawned processes which should be resolved.

In the first place I would be glad if someone (petdance?) could fix TH
for Cygwin so that it works to install modules (well, to run the test suites) on Cygwin.

I wonder why I got no errors when running the testsuite during the build
of perl-5.8.7, maybe some more tests are needed to cover this issue?

5.8.7 ships with Test::Harness 2.48 which doesn't have this code.

It fails to run the tests from the command line with the default
installation of perl-5.8.7 for Cygwin?

Otherwise, there appears to be no specific test of delete $ENV{...}.
There's something in t/op/local.t which dances around the issue.
There probably should be a t/op/env.t, I'm kind of surprised there isn't.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=