From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Baksik, Frederick (NM75)
Sent: Friday, July 22, 2005 6:53 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: [BULK] RE: RE[2]: How does one set aliases for Cygwin for XP
Prof Window s? - Still doesn't work!

~/.bashrc is only sourced by bash on non-login interactive shells
~/.bash_profile is only source by bash on login interactive shells

If you have your aliases in ~/.bashrc you need to add the following line
~/.bash_profile
Source ~/.bashrc

Further examples can be taken from the files located in /etc/skel.

Also look at the man bash page under INVOCATION.

--
Frodak