Re: python 2.4.1 crash with cyggdbm under windows 98. (and rebaseall issue)

In message <1122243118.15397.ezmlm@cygwin.com>,
cygwin-digest-help@cygwin.com writes:

>From: Jason Tishler <jason@tishler.net>
>John,
>
>On Sat, Jul 23, 2005 at 02:30:54PM -0400, John P. Rouillard wrote:
>> I am experiencing a crash/segfault with python while running the
>> roundup 0.8.4 demo (roundup.sourceforge.net). I am using windows
>> 98SE. Googiling the cygwin.com mailing list didn't turn up any hits.
>
>Unfortunately, you may have stumbled across a known problem.  The
>following is in the Cygwin Python README:
>
>    Under 9X/Me, previous Cygwin Python versions are known to hang,
>    freeze the system, or page fault in some of the regression tests.

Yup. Saw that, but gdbm didn't look like it failed. It may be a socket
failure causing problems in some way for gdbm though. Sigh. Guess
cygwin won't help me this time.

>> I have run rebaseall to get around the first series of error messages
>> dealing with fork problems. I did have to modify rebaseall so that the
>> grep for ash through /proc/[0-9]*/exename uses "-i" because under
>> windows 98, the exename is all in capital letters.
>
>Thanks for the above.  The next version of rebaseall will use "grep -i"
>to support 9X/Me.

Glad to be of help.

				-- rouilj
John Rouillard