Re: 0x6756a0 win32 error renders cygwin almost useless

RamÃn Fallon <ramon <at> usofm.com> writes:

. . .
> However on the installation the second time around I start getting this
> error:
> bash-3.00 # ls
> 17797832 [main] bash 3468 fork_copy: linked dll/bss pass 0 failed,
> 0x675000..0x6756A0, done 0, windows pid 2708, Win 32 error 487
> bash: fork: resource temporarily unavailable

. . .
> Now I said almost everything gives an error rending cygwin useless but
> one or two things *do* work:
> - echo works, and will pipe to a file, but using cat then does not work
> - pwd works flawlessly (coo!)
> - cd works
> Can anybody diagnose this problem? Thanks in advance /r?

I see virtually the same problem, but from within the shell buffer using
XEmacs.  I don't see it with the Cygwin console window (started from the Cygwin
icon on my desktop).

The commands that are listed as working by Ramon(echo, pwd, cd) are "shell
builtin commands".

The problem started yesterday, after I used the Cygwin setup executable on my
Windows XP Home laptop to update Cygwin.  Prior to that I didn't have this
problem.

The version of XEmacs is

XEmacs 21.4 (patch 8) "Honest Recruiter (Windows [3])" [Lucid] (i586-pc-win32)
of Sun Jun 16 2002 on TSUNAMI