Re: How does one set aliases for Cygwin for XP Prof Windows?

* Patrick Sullivan (2005-07-22 22:50 +0100)
> I looked around and couldn't find out (from user guide or FAQs) how to
> set my own alias settings for Cygwin.

Cygwin doesn't have aliases.

> I have Cywin installed on my PC (running Windows XP Professional).
> There has to be a file somewhere, where I can add the alias settings,
> but I am not sure where it is.  Does anyone know where the file is for
> putting personal alias settings?

As others have pointed out:

1. make sure which program/shell your are using

2. get a basic knowledge about the program/shell your are using

Because you don't give any input, the only reasonable answer to your
question is: "it depends".

Do yourself a favour and Read The Fine Manual! The section you should
care about is called "FILES" at the end of the manpage.

Thorsten