Re: Synchronizing Windows & Cygwin Paths

Rex Eastbourne wrote:

> Is there a way to synchronize the Cygwin $PATH with the Windows Path,
> so that I can run Windows applications from within my Bash shell (i.e.
> typing "mathematica" will open the corresponding file, which is in
> Program Files somewhere)?

There is only one PATH environment variable.  Cygwin translates it
between Windows form and posix form depending on what kind of program
it's invoking.  If you add a directory to your Windows PATH it should be
visible when you start a bash prompt because that inherits whatever PATH
was set to (and adds /usr/bin etc. to it.)  If this is not happening for
you then you will need to provide more details as to your setup and what
exactly is going on (i.e. the commands you type, what happens, what you
expect to happen.)

Brian