getting sshd to log to /var/log/sshd.log

I wasn't getting anywhere trying to get sshd to log to
/var/log/sshd.log

I googled, read the man pages, even the faq but while sshd is working
great, I couldn't get it to log.

I found http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2004-11/msg00136.html
by using site:cygwin.com in my google search which told me a bit
about the puzzle but I couldn't get it to work.

Then I found:
http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/2001/msg00058.html
which helped me a bunch with figuring out how to use cygrunsrv.

The example Corinna gave,
 cygrunsrv -I "Joey sshd" -p /usr/sbin/sshd -a '-d' -u joey

made me realize that I needed single quotes after the -a .

So....

Trying,
cygrunsrv -I sshd -d "CYGWIN sshd" -p /usr/sbin/sshd -a '-D -e'

made my day.

My thanks to Corinna and Brian.

Wes S