Ctrl-C not clearing input buffer

Hi guys,

I have the habit of using 'tail -f /some/log' and pressing enter
a couple times as a "visual" bookmark. When I'm done inspecting the file
in question, I press Ctrl-C to kill tail... what I'm left with is
literally hundreds of empty prompts caused by all the enters I pressed.

If I do the same on my linux box, all characters I type while tail -f is
running are discarded when Ctrl-C is pressed.

Simple example:
    1. Start your favorite cygwin shell
    2. type 'tail -f <any-regular-file>'
    3. type 'a<enter>b<enter>c'
        - with CYGWIN=tty, you will see a, b, and c on their separate
          lines
        - with CYGWIN=notty, none of the typed characters are seen
    4. press Ctrl-C
        - 'command not found' errors about both a and b can be seen
        - with CYGWIN=tty, the prompt doesn't include the c character
          last typed
        - with CYGWIN=notty, the prompt includes the c character last
          typed

I've tried this with bash and tcsh on the console, rxvt and xtermi...
all exhibit the problem.

Cheers,
Sebastien