Re: treating drives as files

Alex Goldman wrote:
> >   dd if=/dev/fd0 of=~/disk_image
>
> This is what I had above. Cygwin doesn't have /dev. This does

Actually Alex you said that you could do that in Unix not that you had tried it
in Cygwin.  You only mentioned if=/cygdrive/d and if="D:"

Both of which I tried yesterday in an attempt to copy a Cd and then I found
this :

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2001-q4/msg00694.html

by using google against cygwin.com (great tool by the way for research and
answers).  This also pointed me to another link about special names - which you
might want to take a look at.

bk