ATTN: jpeglib maintainer

Hi Charles (you seem the jpeglib maintainer),

it seems something has gone wrong with the last jpeglib version. Basically I want to compile jpeginfo (http://www.cc.jyu.fi/~tjko/projects.html). Using a managed mount (has an aux directory) it configures fine, but fails to compile:

 ======= %< =======
 $ LANG=C make
 gcc  -g -O2  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H   -c -o jpeginfo.o jpeginfo.c
 jpeginfo.c: In function `main':
 jpeginfo.c:323: error: structure has no member named `progressive_mode'
 jpeginfo.c:333: error: structure has no member named `progressive_mode'
 make: *** [jpeginfo.o] Error 1

Looking into jpeglib.h the compiler is right and this member is missing. Then I downloaded the original jpeglib version 6b source (ftp://ftp.uu.net/graphics/jpeg/) and recognized, that the jpeglib.h in this library has the missing member. Next step was to download the source for the Cygwin version 6b-11 ... but it downloads always 6b-8 (not that I know if there's a real difference in the source between b6-8 and b6-11 is in Cygwin, the doc/Cygwin/jpeglib-v6.README does hints just some packaging thingy). The source package installs at least a jpegsrc-v6b.tar.gz to /usr/src.

But now is the situation even more complicated:

 - the installed /usr/include/jpeglib.h does not have the progressive_mode member
 - the jpeglib.h in the installed source package has the member but ...
 - it is still different to the jpeglib.h from the jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz I've downloaded directly form the original site

?? I am slightly confused now about the Cygwin version ...

Regards,
Jörg