Re: Error running gcc ("No such file or directory" error for as.e xe)

Hi again,

Apologies on not attaching the cygcheck file. I did the cygcheck and then
omitted to attach it. This time I have.

The version of cygwin that I am using is the very latest: 1.5.18-1.

Permissions on each component of the path to as.exe are as follow:

getfacl /usr
# file: /usr
# owner: jbeard
# group: mkgroup-l-d
user::rwx
group::r-x
other:r-x
mask:rwx

getfacl /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/
# file: /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/
# owner: jbeard
# group: mkgroup-l-d
user::rwx
group::r-x
other:r-x
mask:rwx

getfacl /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin
# file: /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin
# owner: jbeard
# group: mkgroup-l-d
user::rwx
group::r-x
other:r-x
mask:rwx

getfacl /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/as.exe
# file: /usr/i686-pc-cygwin/bin/as.exe
# owner: jbeard
# group: mkgroup-l-d
user::rwx
group::r-x
other:r-x
mask:rwx

Currently the $CYGWIN environment variable does not seem to be set at all.
Do I just set it to have the value "notraverse" and then try again?

Thanks,
James.

 <<cygcheck.out>>

 ###  OXFORD INSTRUMENTS   http://www.oxford-instruments.com/  ###

Unless stated above to be non-confidential, this E-mail and any
attachments are private and confidential and are for the addressee
only and may not be used, copied or disclosed save to the addressee.
If you have received this E-mail in error please notify us upon receipt
and delete it from your records. Internet communications are not secure
and Oxford Instruments is not responsible for their abuse by third
parties nor for any alteration or corruption in transmission.