MD5 checksum question

Does it matter that the top-level setup.ini (that duplicates the MD5
checksums of each package's md5.sum file), does *not* do the same thing
for the setup.hint file in each package directory?  I assume the
duplication is to allow the detection of the race condition (mentioned
below).

I only noticed while updating my md5cygchk mirror-checker, to detect the
case where all package md5.sum files are correct but the top-level
setup.ini file is out of sync with the packages below.

(This happens if you rsync a mirror site while the site is being
updated.  It leads to the setup.exe error:
"Download Incomplete.  Try again?")

I'm assuming the lack of a setup.hint line in each package's entry in
setup.ini doesn't matter.

Regards,

luke