Re: undefined reference to `_libintl_gettext' with g++/c++

Mark Paulus wrote:

> I have several binaries in a project, and most of the binaries
> compile.  However, one binary fails with a whole series of the
> above error:
>
> g++  -L../lib -o dselect  basecmds.o  baselist.o  basetop.o  bindings.o  curkeys
> .o  main.o  methkeys.o  methlist.o  method.o  methparse.o  pkgcmds.o  pkgdepcon.
> o  pkgdisplay.o  pkginfo.o  pkgkeys.o  pkglist.o  pkgsublist.o  pkgtop.o  helpms
> gs.o  -lintl -liconv  -lintl -ldpkg -lncurses -L../optlib -lopt

Here you are linking with "-lintl -ldpkg", but from the errors below it
would appear that libdpkg.a depends on symbols in libintl, and thus the
order is wrong.  If A depends on symbols in B, then A must be specified
before B on the link command line.  Try changing the order to "-ldpkg
-lintl".

Brian