Re: How to add user under Cygwin

Ayam Jantan wrote:

Hello,

I would like to know how do I add a user under cygwin? I try the following command adduser or useradd nothing works. I'm currently trying to install Gnats ( GNU Bug Tracking System ) works under windows server and required to adduser gnats.

Cygwin runs under Windows. There are no users in Cygwin that do not exist in Windows first. Create the Windows user first then use mkpasswd to add that user to /etc/passwd.
--
The more you run over a dead cat, the flatter it gets.