Re: compiling flpsed under Cygwin

"Stephen P. Harris" wrote:

> Well I installed LyX 1.3.1 before the current port to native Windows,
> LyX 1.3.6. So I used the recommendation found at the porter's website.

What he means is that Cygwin/X long ago transitioned from XFree86 to
X.org for the X server.  If you are still using the ancient XFree86
packages you would be very well advised to remove them and install the
xorg-x11-* packages.  From the standpoint of the application it doesn't
matter, X11 is X11.

> I think fltk compiles and installs ok. The ./configure for
> flpsed fails after finding fltk-config at the next two lines:
>
> Checking for open in -lX11 ... no
> Error LixXll.so not found [doesn't come with Cygwin]

You need the -devel package installed (xorg-x11-devel) and then you can
link with -lX11.  Again, this is why we ask for people to post the
output of "cygcheck -svr" when asking for help so that we can see what
packages you have installed.

Brian