shortcut settings (was Re: emacs issues)

Brian Dessent wrote:

C-SPC does not work in a Cygwin terminal. Is there a way to fix this?

I would suggest rxvt. Personally, I use the "CMD.EXE prompt" as little as possible (i.e., not at all) with Cygwin because frankly, it sucks hard. I suspect that I am not alone.

Brian

I use cygwin via rxvt all the time. With a few exceptions. Emacs for winNT seems more productively for me than getting it to work in cygwin. :/

Prefer rxvt console over cmd console, but python for windows goes pretty much stale when doing so, due to ^z ^d
do not exit the python shell (wxPython relies on windows version).

If you delete c:\cygwin\cygwin.bat and .ico files you can create a folder/directory called c:\cygwin\cygdrive which makes autocompletion for /cygdrive very convenient.

However, this means that you need to mung an shortcut/environment (place cygwin\bin on the system path) that does what cygwin.bat

I like this for my cygwin shortcut command properties:

c:\cygwin\bin\rxvt.exe -geometry 100x59+345+5 -C -rv +ls -sb -sr -st -si -sk -sl 2000 -sbt 14 -fn -adobe-courier-*-r-normal--1-*-*-*-m-*-*-* -e bash -login

I'm open to suggestions as to how to improve this environment, but I've found these settings work well for my needs.

-Joe