Re: 1.5.18-1: /bin/cygrunsrv: Error enumerating services: OpenService: Win32 error 5:,Access is denied.

Brian Dessent wrote:
Larry Hall wrote:
$ cygrunsrv -L
cygrunsrv: Error enumerating services: OpenService:  Win32 error 5:
Access is denied.
OK, as expected.  Are you performing this operation over an ssh connection
using pubkey authentication?  If so and you're not also logged into this
machine locally as the same user, that *might* be a problem.
When you run cygcheck -L it tries to OpenService() every service to look
for Cygwin services, and it will bail if the call fails.  I suppose that
it's possible that one of your installed services has permissions set
such that regular users can't open it.  This might be set via
permissions on the registry keys, I don't know how the service manager
implements security.

Anyway, if you're not running this command as an administrator, that
might explain it.  I suppose cygrunsrv could be modified to not bail on
such an error and just continue trying to open the next service.  But it
would still be good to know why the error is happening in the first
place.

Brian
I am running as an administator.