Re: Postmaster core dumps

Novaelec schrieb:
I run gdb with postmaster, the last process necessary to complete the
PostgreSQL installation and which makes memory faults.

I got then a little text about semaphores, the 'semget' function and a
little tip to configure /usr/local/data/postgresql.conf, but I've been
trying to make postmaster works helped for that info and another one from
internet without get any result.

Any idea? Now I know the problem is related to semaphores, but I don't get
any progress in that sense.

Most likely it's not semget() but earlier in the initial IPC setup in
CreateSharedMemoryAndSemaphores() with parallel connections.
I always get IsBadWritePtr() in shminit() since 8.0-beta3.
Just tested again (make check MAX_CONNECTIONS=5) and again got:
creating template1 database in /usr/src/postgresql/postgresql-8.0.3/src/test/regress/./tmp_check/data/base/1 ... Signal 12
"child process exited with exit code 140"
--
Reini Urban
http://xarch.tu-graz.ac.at/home/rurban/