Re: cannot create temp file for here document

At 06:10 PM 7/16/2005, Eric Blake wrote:

> OK ... thanks ... I'll convert to NTFS ... I'm probably overdue anyway ...
> will you be tendering this to the Cygwin primary authors??

You already have.  This list is read by anyone actively working (on
their free time, as volunteers) on cygwin source code improvements.

> If so, how long
> does something like that take??

Sooner, if you help.  The problem with open source is that unless
someone else can reproduce your problem, and has an interest
in providing a fix, it tends not to happen.  On the other hand, the
advantage with open source is that anyone can take an interest,
look at the source code, and provide a fix, even you.

> BTW ... thanks for sticking this far with me ... I hope we solve this ... I
> *can't* be alone with this problem.

Well, the setup of running NT and FAT is not very common, and
most cygwin developers don't do that; typically, the experience
with FAT is how to make Win98 at least run cygwin.

> Converting FAT32 to NTFS did not solve the problem.

Ah, but now that it is NTFS, your permissions have changed.  Now
what do "ls -ld / /tmp /cygdrive/c" and "getfacl / /tmp /cygdrive/c"
display?

--
Eric Blake

Cool ... here are the results ... what do you see?? ... Thanks.

ls -ld / /tmp /cygdrive/c
drwxrwxrwx+ 11 Administrators root  4096 Jul 14 23:17 /
drwxrwxrwx+ 34 Administrators root 12288 Jul 16 16:38 /cygdrive/c
drwxrwxrwt+  2 Administrators root  4096 Jul 16 22:30 /tmp

getfacl / /tmp /cygdrive/c
# file: /
# owner: Administrators
# group: root