1.5.18: Perl regression tests fail when lib directory is present

Hello,

It appears that on the latest version of Cygwin's Perl, Perl modules with regression tests (for example, ones you can download from CPAN) fail "make test" on every other test. I did some experimentation and this appears to happen only if the modules are in a subdirectory (typically "lib") rather than in the install root.

How to reproduce:

    * Upgrade to latest versions of all Cygwin packages (probably
      Perl is the only relevant one)

    * Download any CPAN module (or create a Perl module) whose files
      are in a "lib" subdirectory. Lingua::EN::Inflect is an arbitrary
      example of one that is unlikely to be already installed.

    * Run through the usual Perl install steps:
      perl Makefile.PL && make && make test

    * Observe that "make test" fails on every other test (odd numbered
      runs, apparently).

I have reduced this breakage to the smallest possible test case:
http://www.zeuscat.com/andrew/src/TestModule.tar.gz

For some reason, this doesn't appear to break modules that are tested under the CPAN shell ("make test" passes for modules built that way).

The Perl package is 5.8.7-2. Here is the output of uname -srm:

CYGWIN_NT-5.1 1.5.18(0.132/4/2) i686

I and my co-workers have reproduced this on several different computers, all running Windows XP.

Humbly,

Andrew