Re: rebaseall (was Re: Perl Win32::Shortcut screws up fork)

Dave Korn wrote:

>   Out of curiosity, why isn't "exec /bin/sh.exe rebaseall" the solution to
> this problem?

It would, presuming you meant /bin/ash.exe and the user hadn't removed
the ash package.  It would help if the rebaseall shebang was #!/bin/ash,
then you could type "exec rebaseall".

I suppose it's a good idea for a temporary work around, but it's
essentially the same thing as telling the user to open a regular windows
command prompt and run "ash rebaseall".  I guess we already require them
to shut down all cygwin processes and start a non-rxvt/xterm prompt, so
having them type more than a simple 'rebaseall' doesn't really add too
much burden.

I still think that getting --enable-auto-image-base working is the best
long-term solution.

Brian