Re: BUG: bash 3.0-7 breaks rebaseall

John Whitley wrote:

> Bash 3.0-7 dynamically links against several libraries (e.g.

Thanks for the report, but this has already been noted and discussed
recently in other threads.  Several solutions have been proposed but I
think the jury is still out on how to handle it.

The main issue is that no matter how you implement the 'rebaseall'
concept, you still won't be able to run it from a standard bash command
prompt and have it modify the in-use DLLs.  I think statically linking
bash or providing a second version of bash that is statically linked
have both been vetoed.

It seems that the concensus now is that we need to get
--enable-auto-image-base working properly (or, at least enable it for
those packages that are prone to ImageBase issues) so that the need to
manually rebase anything is removed.

Brian