Re: strtoumax could not be located in...cygwin1.dll

Ugh, top-posting, reformatting.

> > According to Michael Watson on 7/12/2005 12:03 PM:
> > >
> > > the machine is running windows XP, and when starting the cygwin bash
> shell, the
> > > error above is reported. i have checked the dll out with MS
> dependency walker,
> > > and cannot see that function listed in there, although dependency
> walker does
> > > indicate that:
> >
> > Trying to guess what's on your machine: I suspect there are two cygwin
> > installations, and that you aren't really running 1.5.18 like you think
> > you are.  But to make sure, please follow directions, and post the
> > cygcheck output:
> >

> Thanks for the comments. after i had posted i went to a different mirror
> and did get 1.5.18, but that exhibited a different error (which had
> alreayd been reported on the mailing list), so i reverted back to 1.5.17
> (with the same problem).
>
> i have attached the cygcheck output to this for you to have a look at.

Thanks for the output; it looks like you have just a single cygwin1.dll,
which is good.  However, bash-3.0-7 requires cygwin-1.5.18 or better,
because that is when strtoumax was introduced and bash uses it.
You will continue to get the popup box, with bash failing to start,
until you upgrade to the latest cygwin (or downgrade to the earlier
bash-2.05b-17 and ash-20040127-1), which did not have the dependency.
Perhaps when you were trying to upgrade cygwin-1.5.18, you got the
setup.exe popup box telling you that in-use files were replaced, and
you didn't do the required reboot?

--
Eric Blake
volunteer cygwin bash maintainer