Re: Problem with latex

At the risk of being flamed:

You can install the windows MixTex binaries and not have to worry
about fonts or anything. You can access them through your cygwin
shell.

Home@paws ~
$ pdflatex --version
MiKTeX-pdfetex 2.4.1700 (1.20a-rc7.2) (MiKTeX 2.4)
Copyright (C) 1982 D. E. Knuth, (C) 1996-2002 Han The Thanh
TeX is a trademark of the American Mathematical Society.

Home@paws ~
$ which pdflatex /cygdrive/d/tex/texmf/miktex/bin/pdflatex

That's my default solution now. But it's not as consistent as with everything under cygwin. For example I use symbolic links to keep one copy of the tex file I'm editing, and have all the by-products of latex compilation in a compilation directory. Of course, MikTex doesn't handle cygwin symbolic links.

What I don't understand is that it was working about 1 month ago (I trashed in between the cygwin archives...).

Nicolas