Re: coreutils-5.3.0-8: lost *.exe

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 17:30:56 +0100, fergus
<fergus@bonhard.uklinux.net> wrote:

>I have just upgraded to coreutils-5.3.0-8 and I find hat I have lost cp,
>ls, md5sum executables to name just a few. Windows Explorer shows that
>these no longer exist in /bin/. Anything I can or should do, or should
>have done differently? Nothing has altered in my setup methods: I used
>Cygwin setup in the usual way.

coreutils-5.3.0-8.tar.bz is f*cked up - it (and it seems to be the
same on two Cygwin mirrors) is a 6180 byte web page from comcast.net.
If you install it, all your coreutil progies will be uninstalled
period.

Since the source code file is around the normal size, I assume this
was unintentional.

have the latest and greatest version, download the source and build
the right file.