RE: man.conf missing after cygwin upgrade

At 10:20 AM 7/12/2005, you wrote:
>On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, FischRon.external wrote:
>
>> > So, except for the pdksh postinstall (which is a genuine bug),
>> > everything else seems to be related to the weird permissions on your
>> > machine.
>>
>> Could it be related to the strange fact that my numeric user id
>> suddenly has changed from 400 to 121833?
>
>I'm not sure.

Well, this simple fact would not change file permissions from something
to 000.  However, if you're permissions previously were not POSIX but
only ACLs and those ACLs didn't include your domain user, then you may
have somehow been able to create files with POSIX permissions 000 and
still been able to access them mostly before your "new" UID appeared.
That's a pretty far-fetched conjecture on my part so I wouldn't give it
too much credence.  But, the point I want to make is that running
mkpasswd/mkgroup isn't going to change file permissions.

Holliston, MA 01746