Re: Brief, simple guide to cygwin

On 7/12/05, Larry Hall <lh-no-personal-replies-please@cygwin.com> wrote:
> At 06:53 AM 7/12/2005, you wrote:
> >"Setting up 'cygwin' as a UNIX shell script editing environment on Windows."
> >
> >http://poff.sixbit.org/content/cygwin
>
> I will say that I took a quick look at your site and what you've written
> there.   While there are definitely some correct instructions there
> pertaining to Cygwin, there are also incorrect and misleading ones.  So
> for this and all of the reasons I've mentioned above, the Cygwin site won't
> be recommending or offering to help people who use it and have any problems
> or questions.  I hope this isn't different than your expectations when you
> originally posted.

No that's fine. I didn't wish this to be an "official guide", just an
extra help in case anyone wanted to do similar things. Sorry if this
was the wrong place to post.

If someone does have time to correct the misleading things I would be
most grateful, as obviously I do not wish to spread misinformation!

I make it easy to contact me through the site in case anyone has any
questions, especially in the forum.

Thanks for looking,

Amadeus