RE: man.conf missing after cygwin upgrade

> So, except for the pdksh postinstall (which is a genuine
> bug), everything
> else seems to be related to the weird permissions on your machine.

Could it be related to the strange fact that my numeric user id
suddenly has changed from 400 to 121833?

One more note regarding the recreation of /etc/passwd: The inclusion
of -d -u USERNAME now has the somewhat annoying side effect, that for
example my homedirectory is now not printed as /cygdrive/h like before,
but in network drive notation:

$ pwd
//MUCSDN03/FischRon/.ssh

Of course, I can still access it as /cygdrive/h, so it is not a
functional
problem. Still I wonder whether it would be so bad to go back to the
old version of /etc/passwd, where my homedirectory is listed as
/cygdrive/h
and everything else being equal....

Ronald