Re: Updated: perl-5.8.7-2

Adye, TJ (Tim) wrote:
Have you recompiled Win32::Shortcut?  Do you use the standard
perl linker wrapper ld2 / perlld?  If not have you used the
--enable-auto-image-base flag to link the DLL?

No, I didn't recompile Win32::Shortcut. I guess I should repeat my
earlier

Please recompile, and ensure that you use --enable-auto-image-base to link your DLL. This should do the same like rebase besides a 'random' base address is used. --enable-auto-image-base is now default when building perl extensions with 'perl makefile.PL ...'.

Do you have a package for which I can use for tests (so I just need to call `make test` or `perl Makefile.PL && make test`

I guess I need to be patient and wait for an update to perl-libwin32
to fix the problem.

Maintainer are busy, so don't count the days;)

Gerrit