Re: Gnome problem

Alireza Ghasemi wrote:
> Hello
> I tried to compile gnome-libs with cygwin and in configuration phase I got
> the following error :
> " checking for gmodule support... no
> configure: error: Dynamic linking is not available on this platform. Some
> apps,like panel, will not run properly. "
> Is there any idea about solving it ? And at all,What should I do if I want
> to have Gnome in my cygwin ? What packages should I download ?
> Thanks.

There's an update to glib-1.2 that I'm about to upload which will help
fix this problem.  In the meantime, I'll save you a lot of trouble:  I
have already built gnome-libs, but I don't have space to upload it
together with ~690MB of other ports that are waiting for upload.  If
anyone has any suggestions, I'd be willing to entertain them.

Yaakov